ASTM A36 STEEL SHEET
ASTM A36 Carbon Steel Sheets
CONSULT BEST PRICE CONDITIONS+55 (19) 3377 5412COMEX@COMPRACO.COM.BR
A36 Steel Sheet is one of the most popular hot rolled and low carbon steel sheets used in manufacturing, fabrication and repair projects. A36 is the steel sheet that has strength and rigidity for any project at a lower price compared to other types of sheet .
It is easy to weld, cut, form and machine. Compraço stocks several thicknesses and sizes of steel sheets that you can buy, ready to ship in different sizes.
ASTM A36 steel sheet is one of the most used carbon structural steels in the industry. It can be riveted, bolted or welded in the construction of bridges and buildings, and for general structural purposes.
STEEL PLATES A36 ; See our availabilities
MACHINING OF ASTM A36 STEEL
ASTM A36 's machinability rate is estimated to be 72%, ASTM A36's average shallow cut feed is 120 ft/min. Machining ASTM A36 steel is not as easy as AISI 1018 steel.
WELDING OF ASTM-A36 STEEL
ASTM A36 steel is easy to weld using any type of welding method, providing excellent quality welds.
HEAT TREATMENT OF ASTM-A36 STEEL
Learn about some of the standard methods for quenching and hardening ASTM A36 steel .
ASTM A36 is subject to the following processes:
- Normalizing at 899°C - 954°C
- Annealing at 843°C - 871°C
- Decompression of 677°C - 927°C
- Carburetion at 899°C - 927°C
- Hardening at 788°C - 816°C
ASTM-A36 STEEL APPLICATIONS
ASTM A36 steel has the following applications:
- It is used in the construction of bridges, buildings and oil platforms bolted, riveted or welded.
- It is used in forming tanks, boxes, bearing plates, fittings, rings, molds, jigs, sprockets, gears, base plates, forgings, ornamental works, piles, supports, automotive and agricultural equipment, frames, machine parts.
- It is used for various parts obtained by flame cutting, such as in garages, walkways, boat landing ramps.
For large quantities we have wholesale prices.
ASTM-A36 STEEL SPECIFICATIONS
ASTM A36 steel, hot rolled
Welding = Excellent
Machining and Grinding - Good
Bending and forming - Good
Wear resistance - Reasonable
Corrosion Resistance- Bad
Magnetism - Yes
Yield -36,000 psi
Traction - 58,000 psi
Elongation = 23% in 2"
Elasticity = 29 ksi
Brinell hardness = 112
Melting Point = 2600F
*Data provided for reference only
HOW TO MEASURE: Thickness x Width x Length
See our available raw material line.
See our product line in Carbon Steel Coils